Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Are you experiencing a water damage? Did you come home to a laundry machine that overflowed or a dishwasher that overflowed? We are here to help at (830) 524-1704. As your SERVPRO of Medina County professionals we understand water damage and the stress that immediately arrives when you find yourself surrounded in water. We have professionally trained individuals who have the experience and compassion to help you get your life back on track when you are up to your knees in water and are wondering how you will ever get your house back to normal. We also have a reconstruction department available to begin immediately after the mitigation of your home has completed. So sit back, take note of these water damage tips and allow the experts at SERVPRO of Medina County to make it "Like it never even happened."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (830) 584-1704
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.